Public Health Director - Becky Joyce
We are dedicated to:
- protecting and improving the health and environment for the residents of San Juan County.
- preventing disease, disability, and premature death.
- promoting public policies and individual lifestyles that maintain and improve personal and environmental health.
- providing health services for the residents of San Juan County with special needs.
Our office hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:30-4pm and Fridays 8:30am-12pmCall San Juan County Public Health: 970-387-0242 to make an appointment. Please see COVID-19 local info for information about testing and vaccines.
We offer :
- Routine childhood, adult and over 65 year old vaccines (see immunization link above)
- STEPP (State Tobacco Education Prevention Programming): contact Amie Bicocchi, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emergency Preparedness and Response: contact Jim Donovan, email@example.com
- COVID-19 testing and vaccines (see COVID-19 info above) or call 970-387-0242
- Environmental Health (see link above) with San Juan Basin Public Health in Durango, for OWTS and Consumer Protections, contact 970-247-5702
- And many more referrals to services we partner with other organizations for! (see Local Resources)
Please call us at 970-387-0242 with any questions and/or to schedule. an appointment.
Follow us on Facebook to stay updated on news and events at San Juan County Public Health Service.
Becky Joyce, BSN, RN
Director - San Juan County Public Health Service
Becky has been the Director of San Juan County Public Health for 8 years and has been a Registered Nurse since 2001. She likes the challenge of Public Health and school nursing in this geographically isolated area and is always open to new ideas and suggestions from her community. Her other passions are her family and hiking in the woods around Silverton.
Office Manager & Tobacco Prevention Coordinator
Lois MacKenzie, BSN, RN
Director - Silverton Clinic
Office Hours: Silverton Clinic Open Thursdays, call for appointment
Lois has a unique relationship with the Miner's Union Hospital - she spent part of her childhood living in the hospital building, where she saw people born and die while her father served as the town physician. Apparently, the passion for medicine runs in the family, as she has been working as a nurse for over 23 years. She moved back to Silverton 9 years ago and is the Silverton Clinic Nurse Manager.
How to get in touch:
Physical Location: 1315 Snowden St, Silverton CO 81433
Mailing Address: PO Box 619, Silverton CO, 81433
FRIENDS OF SAN JUAN COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH