Annual Abstract of Assessment
The Abstract of Assessment is produced each January for the preceding tax year. The brochure provides the assessed values, tax rates, revenues, and the distribution of taxes by type of taxing authority. San Juan County currently has 3 tax districts and 5 taxing entities. The 2020 Brochure will be available in January 2021.
- Mining Claims Spreadsheet (Excel Spreadsheet)
This spreadsheet lists all patented mining claims in San Juan County, sortable by location, size, ownership, parcel#, survey#, patent#, and other attributes. The spreadsheet has one row per schedule-sequence combination. Some mining claims have multiple rows if they are owned in partial interests with separate tax schedule numbers. Some tax schedules have multiple mining claims (multiple sequences). See the tab labeled "Key to Columns" for a description of each field. We make no guarantees of its accuracy. Please contact the Assessor with any feedback or corrections.
- Parcel Shapefile with Ownership info (zip file). There are up to 11 ownership fields for a given property because we often have separate parcel numbers for properties owned by multiple people in undivided interests. Other Shapefiles, KMZ files, and other GIS files can be requested emailing email@example.com
- Assessment Roll Data Files
The official 2020 assessment roll data will be available in December 2020. The following files are available for free download now, but may change after protest periods and abatements between now and the end of the year. The files are provided in Excel format and include tabs with data layouts and keys to codes.
- Index (Prop Type, Owner info, Location, Zoning, Legal Description)
- Improvements (includes residential, commercial, industrial and manufactured homes)
- Land (includes patented mining-claims and possessory interests)
- Tax Amount (2019)
- Sales List (includes non-sale transfers and certain other recorded documents)